Can't Make a Sound
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't Make a Sound

Because sometimes a hug isn't enough.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What's Pushing YOUR buttons?

Go down 
+7
RunsWithScissors
YellowBird
LoafOfBread
Anonymous Hesperian
trueromance
holmes
shallowdancex
11 posters
AuthorMessage
shallowdancex

shallowdancex

What's Pushing YOUR buttons? Empty
PostSubject: What's Pushing YOUR buttons?   What's Pushing YOUR buttons? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:41 am

So, what's bothering you, fellow internet user?

Me?

Not being able to see my friends.

. _ .
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cutenessandsweetness
holmes

holmes

PostSubject: Re: What's Pushing YOUR buttons?   What's Pushing YOUR buttons? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:37 pm

Not knowing whether he just wants to get into my pants or actually wants to be together.
Back to top Go down
trueromance

trueromance

PostSubject: Re: What's Pushing YOUR buttons?   What's Pushing YOUR buttons? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:47 pm

whether he will ever come back to me
whether things will ever be like they used to
whether i can make him happy again
whther i wil ever be the only girl in the room he cares about
Back to top Go down
Anonymous Hesperian

Anonymous Hesperian

PostSubject: Re: What's Pushing YOUR buttons?   What's Pushing YOUR buttons? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:49 pm

People who live in a country, were born in it, and are a citizen that say "I hate this country/government!". Especially in places like America and Canada, they're really good countries. But people have so much freedom that their senses are warped as to how good they really have it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.salomonsson.se/siberia/
shallowdancex

shallowdancex

PostSubject: Re: What's Pushing YOUR buttons?   What's Pushing YOUR buttons? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 2:18 am

Anonymous Hesperian wrote:
People who live in a country, were born in it, and are a citizen that say "I hate this country/government!". Especially in places like America and Canada, they're really good countries. But people have so much freedom that their senses are warped as to how good they really have it.

Yeah, I can relate. I'm sure you could say the same about a person that 'hates their state', no?
Back to top Go down
LoafOfBread

LoafOfBread

PostSubject: Re: What's Pushing YOUR buttons?   What's Pushing YOUR buttons? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 5:43 am

I think my ears are infected again, but I can't stop using q-tips.
It's a dumb and painful habit.
Back to top Go down
YellowBird
Admin
YellowBird

PostSubject: Re: What's Pushing YOUR buttons?   What's Pushing YOUR buttons? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 5:49 am

Eeek that sucks ;/

I am annoyed that I woke up sick the first day of spring break.
Back to top Go down
https://cantmakeasound.forumotion.com
RunsWithScissors

RunsWithScissors

PostSubject: Re: What's Pushing YOUR buttons?   What's Pushing YOUR buttons? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 6:22 am

Anonymous Hesperian: I think you bring up an interesting point about people in America and Canada complaining about the government. It's true - we do have more freedoms than some other countries. Of course, nobody can ever be truly "free" - because that would be anarchy, my friend.

And sure, America has a better civil liberties record than say, China, but that doesn't mean we should be satisfied with our current levels of so-called social justice. After all, as Goethe said, "Don't judge a man by who he is, but by who he can be." In other words, yeah - U.S.A. is great - but it could still be better.
Back to top Go down
JGosling

JGosling

PostSubject: Re: What's Pushing YOUR buttons?   What's Pushing YOUR buttons? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 8:14 am

We're always going to have something to complain about. That's how things get better.
Back to top Go down
shallowdancex

shallowdancex

PostSubject: Re: What's Pushing YOUR buttons?   What's Pushing YOUR buttons? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 8:49 am

JGosling wrote:
We're always going to have something to complain about. That's how things get better.

Yes! I agree whole-heartedly.

flower
Back to top Go down
dampoet

dampoet

PostSubject: actually..   What's Pushing YOUR buttons? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 10:28 am

...they did a study on american media, and it ranks around 50th or so in freedom of the press, somewhere around iran.

whee!

and Canada? we could use help too. We actually have one of the highest pollution and energy wasting rates in the world. If we husbanded our resources, there could be enough for everyone, instead of just enough for my stereo to blast just that much louder than my neighbours. The apathy amazes and distresses equally. Even worse, I'm just as guilty.

oh, and I hate malicious hackers. could you IMAGINE the internet without hackers? how FAR we would be?
Back to top Go down
RunsWithScissors

RunsWithScissors

PostSubject: Re: What's Pushing YOUR buttons?   What's Pushing YOUR buttons? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 1:48 pm

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm one of those Americans who always threatens to move to Canada. However, I'm not sure about your statistic saying that the "freedom" of American media ranks somewhere with Iran.

I've only taken high school journalism, but I'm pretty sure the Journalism Code of Ethics (yes, it really exists) keeps most American journalism in check. Yes, I know that the media has a whorish relationship with the government. However - it's this same media that calls out the government. It was two journalists, Woodward and Bernstein, who exposed the Nixon scandal. And a tiny paper in LA called Knight Ridder first suggested that there actually weren't any WMDs found in Iraq.
Back to top Go down
dampoet

dampoet

PostSubject: Re: What's Pushing YOUR buttons?   What's Pushing YOUR buttons? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 1:18 am

I'm not sure it's as free as you think. Tell me. do you think the news is impartial? Do you think CNN and FoxNews are impartial? Each is owned by different companies with different agendas, and those agendas have nothing to do with reporting in a fair and impartial manner.
Back to top Go down
RunsWithScissors

RunsWithScissors

PostSubject: Re: What's Pushing YOUR buttons?   What's Pushing YOUR buttons? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 5:18 am

Okay, I will concede that companies like Fox and such are owned by the beloved Rupurt Murdoch. And yes, media outlets are only as liberal as the conservative businesses that own them. However, valid information is out there - lazy Americans just have to look for it. For instance, FactCheck.org is a nifty little site where you can check numerous claims made by politicians and the media. It's completely unbiased, and cites all of its sources.
Back to top Go down
Polaris

Polaris

PostSubject: Re: What's Pushing YOUR buttons?   What's Pushing YOUR buttons? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 1:32 am

A really good way to try to determine how "free" the news is, no matter what station you watch, or what anchor you trust, ask another person in another country what they were told by their news report about some large worldwide event. It is kinda insane when it comes down to it..

What do they say, the victor always writes what's in the history books or something similar?
Back to top Go down
tangirl

PostSubject: hahahhah   What's Pushing YOUR buttons? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 1:56 am

the fact that i don't know how to work this site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's Pushing YOUR buttons?   What's Pushing YOUR buttons? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's Pushing YOUR buttons?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Can't Make a Sound :: Personal Life-
Jump to: