Can't Make a Sound
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't Make a Sound

Because sometimes a hug isn't enough.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Watchmen, anyone?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AkJ

AkJ

Watchmen, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Watchmen, anyone?   Watchmen, anyone? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 12:45 am

I just saw it yesterday and I thought it was great :]
A little too sex-ified at times, which makes it embarrassing to watch in odd company, but I love the grittiness of the city and all of the back stories.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous Hesperian

Anonymous Hesperian

Watchmen, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watchmen, anyone?   Watchmen, anyone? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 1:22 am

I was planning on watching it soon, heard some good stuff. The only people I heard complain about it were hardcore comicbook fans really.
Back to top Go down
http://www.salomonsson.se/siberia/
RunsWithScissors

RunsWithScissors

Watchmen, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watchmen, anyone?   Watchmen, anyone? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 2:35 am

I've never seen the movie, but appearently hardcore fans get really into it. I work at a movie theater and one kid dressed up as the guy with the white mask blotted with ink. I thought the theatre hired him as like some promotional stunt, but then I realized they probably would have just made me walk around in the costume.
Back to top Go down
naked lies

naked lies

Watchmen, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watchmen, anyone?   Watchmen, anyone? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 7:45 am

I didn't like the movie. The book was a WHOLE lot better. The movie followed the comic really closely, and I really think that was its downfall. That just made it SOOO cheesy... Comic books are cheesy by nature so if you follow them word for word (as the Watchmen movie did at times) the movie just gets over-the-top corny.
I dunno, that's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
JGosling

JGosling

Watchmen, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watchmen, anyone?   Watchmen, anyone? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 7:56 am

I thought that the book was better than the movie. But I also loved the movie. The main complaints I've heard were that either the movie was too similar to the book or that the movie didn't follow the book close enough. To me, the things that were changed would be the things that I would change if I was making the film (dramatic reduction or outright excision of secondary characters/storylines, simplifying certain plot points for time/clarity). I was really expecting the worst, since I hated "300" in all of its incarnations (yes, I thought the book sucked, too), and I was very concerned with what Zach Snyder would do to "Watchmen". As compared to the book, the movie falls short. By itself, though, what a thrill ride--easily worth my $8, and probably worth my $16 if I can find the time.
Back to top Go down
AkJ

AkJ

Watchmen, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watchmen, anyone?   Watchmen, anyone? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 1:54 am

JGosling wrote:
I thought that the book was better than the movie. But I also loved the movie. The main complaints I've heard were that either the movie was too similar to the book or that the movie didn't follow the book close enough. To me, the things that were changed would be the things that I would change if I was making the film (dramatic reduction or outright excision of secondary characters/storylines, simplifying certain plot points for time/clarity). I was really expecting the worst, since I hated "300" in all of its incarnations (yes, I thought the book sucked, too), and I was very concerned with what Zach Snyder would do to "Watchmen". As compared to the book, the movie falls short. By itself, though, what a thrill ride--easily worth my $8, and probably worth my $16 if I can find the time.

Oh theres a book out too?
I thought it was just a comic book - as most marvel movies spawn from that.
I liked 300 because of the visual effects.
Haha runswithscissors, hows it working at a movie theater? I might actually work at one this summer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Watchmen, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watchmen, anyone?   Watchmen, anyone? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Watchmen, anyone?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Can't Make a Sound :: Entertainment-
Jump to: