Can't Make a Sound
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't Make a Sound

Because sometimes a hug isn't enough.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Favorite Book(s)

Go down 
+3
shallowdancex
RunsWithScissors
Anonymous Hesperian
7 posters

How much do you read?
Hardly ever
Favorite Book(s) I_vote_lcap14%Favorite Book(s) I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
1-3 books a month
Favorite Book(s) I_vote_lcap57%Favorite Book(s) I_vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
4-6 books a month
Favorite Book(s) I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Book(s) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
7-10 books a month
 14% [ 1 ]
Always reading!
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Anonymous Hesperian

Anonymous Hesperian

Favorite Book(s) Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Book(s)   Favorite Book(s) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 2:47 am

Post about your favorite book(s), don't feel shy about using the poll too.

My favorite book is either The Road or Oryx and Crake. Both of them were amazing books.

The Road was about a father and son, their names are never mentioned, that wander the US after a catastrophic event that leaves the world in anarchy and ash. They are headed for the South, looking for a richer land to live in.

Oryx and Crake is about a future rampant with bio-engineering and bio-warfare. "Snowman" is a "prophet" to a group of genetically altered Humans who were designed to be perfect. They live in a post apocalyptic world were all known people were killed by bio-terrorism. He tries to hide the truth as he struggles to survive in a hot and tropical environment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.salomonsson.se/siberia/
RunsWithScissors

RunsWithScissors

Favorite Book(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book(s)   Favorite Book(s) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 5:06 am

My favorite book would have to be "The Corrections" by Jonathan Franzen. It's an epic reflection of our catastrophic culture and obsession with materialism and self-medication. Plus, the overlapping stories are just so engaging.

Also, I think it's cool that Franzen refused to have the Oprah Book club sticker on his book, thus causing Oprah to boot him off her show. But I think the real reason Oprah gave Franzen the shaft was because he was a straight white male who wouldn't cry on her show.
Back to top Go down
shallowdancex

shallowdancex

Favorite Book(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book(s)   Favorite Book(s) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 5:21 am

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.

'Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cutenessandsweetness
LoafOfBread

LoafOfBread

Favorite Book(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book(s)   Favorite Book(s) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 5:45 am

The Catcher In The Rye
Back to top Go down
YellowBird
Admin
YellowBird

Favorite Book(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book(s)   Favorite Book(s) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 5:46 am

I've heard so many good things about The Road. I'm going to pick it up after I finish the four books I have to read for school.

I haven't read that many books and am just starting to get back to reading again, but my favourite book would have to be A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess.
Back to top Go down
https://cantmakeasound.forumotion.com
Anonymous Hesperian

Anonymous Hesperian

Favorite Book(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book(s)   Favorite Book(s) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 6:35 am

A Clockwork Orange was really good. Another book I just remembered though was Cat's Cradle, it was a very good read. I think I read it in only a day or two.
Back to top Go down
http://www.salomonsson.se/siberia/
theowlandwasp

Favorite Book(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book(s)   Favorite Book(s) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 1:31 am

An Absolute Gentleman, and The Lovely Bones :].
Back to top Go down
JGosling

JGosling

Favorite Book(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book(s)   Favorite Book(s) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 6:55 am

"Tomcat In Love" by Tim O'Brien.
Back to top Go down
RunsWithScissors

RunsWithScissors

Favorite Book(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book(s)   Favorite Book(s) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 11:07 am

JGosling wrote:

I read that book. I found it refreshing that O'Brien finally turned a corner from all of his war lamentings. He was finally able to poke fun at the aging Vietnam vet. Still, I think "The Things They Carried" is hands down O'Brien's finest work. Although, I may be a bit biased because I did a huge ass research paper on it for one of my Lit courses. Intense stuff though. Ever read it?
Back to top Go down
JGosling

JGosling

Favorite Book(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book(s)   Favorite Book(s) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 12:20 pm

RunsWithScissors wrote:
JGosling wrote:

I read that book. I found it refreshing that O'Brien finally turned a corner from all of his war lamentings. He was finally able to poke fun at the aging Vietnam vet. Still, I think "The Things They Carried" is hands down O'Brien's finest work. Although, I may be a bit biased because I did a huge ass research paper on it for one of my Lit courses. Intense stuff though. Ever read it?

Yes, as part of an English class in high school. I fell in love with his style right away and proceeded to buy "Tomcat", "If I Die In A Combat Zone", "Going After Cacciato", and "In The Lake Of The Woods" over the course of a couple of months. His dramatic stuff is awesome, but there's just so many turns of phrase and absurd shit going on in "Tomcat" that connect with my sense of humor that it's my favorite O'Brien book. If only he wrote more often.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favorite Book(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book(s)   Favorite Book(s) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Book(s)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Can't Make a Sound :: Entertainment-
Jump to: