Can't Make a Sound
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't Make a Sound

Because sometimes a hug isn't enough.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Introduce Yourself!

Go down 
+28
MerryMarmalade
WantCuddles
Godfrey
xxxmelancholyxxx
TOreDEFINE
naked lies
Polaris
JGosling
Chad
dampoet
holmes
fatalerror
Anonymous Hesperian
RunsWithScissors
jbeezi3
GoYellowRanger
LazerGuided
Nothing Gold
AkJ
lipglossandbreakdown
in2music42
LoafOfBread
shallowdancex
soup or salad
ElephantEyelash
SuShiKun57
Kristinalexis
YellowBird
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
LoafOfBread

LoafOfBread

Introduce Yourself! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 8:33 am

Hi!
Did you by any chance post a screen name on grouphug?
Back to top Go down
LazerGuided

LazerGuided

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 8:48 am

Hey guys Smile
Back to top Go down
Nothing Gold

Nothing Gold

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 8:48 am

I did a few days ago a couple of times.
I really like grouphug. and I really wish I had more of a way to talk to the people who a) need someone to talk to and/or who I can talk to. b) I can relate to.
Back to top Go down
shallowdancex

shallowdancex

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 8:50 am

LazerGuided wrote:
Hey guys Smile

What's goin' on?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cutenessandsweetness
shallowdancex

shallowdancex

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 8:51 am

Nothing Gold wrote:
I really like grouphug. and I really wish I had more of a way to talk to the people who a) need someone to talk to and/or who I can talk to. b) I can relate to.

Me too, m'dear.
Me too.

Hence why I'm still on here.

/wanting someone to talk to.

> _ >
Back to top Go down
YellowBird
Admin
YellowBird

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 8:54 am

LazerGuided wrote:
Hey guys Smile

Hi! Very Happy Welcome.

Nothing Gold wrote:

Me too! It's impossible to find someone like that in real life though because you can't exactly say, "anyone who relates to me please talk to me." That's why I love group huggers. I feel like I relate to everyone even if their confessions don't relate to my life at all. Just the fact that they are confessing makes me feel connected.. is that weird?
Back to top Go down
https://cantmakeasound.forumotion.com
shallowdancex

shallowdancex

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 8:56 am

Naw, that's not weird at all.
Some times the people you want to connect with most can only be seen through words on a screen.

Sigh.

We should all do that IHOP thing I suggested.
Lawl.
Back to top Go down
LazerGuided

LazerGuided

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 8:57 am

shallowdancex wrote:
LazerGuided wrote:
Hey guys Smile

What's goin' on?
Not much, not much. Thought i'd check out the site. Looks good YellowBird. As much as anonymous confessions are good on grouphug, it frustrates me i can't help cheer someone up or give advice. There's a lot of people i relate to, and also a lot of people i wanna help.
Back to top Go down
YellowBird
Admin
YellowBird

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 9:01 am

What IHOP thing?

And thank you LazerGuided Very Happy You guys can call me Aly.
Back to top Go down
Nothing Gold

Nothing Gold

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 9:02 am

Indeed.
I like this idea. So many times I wish someone would say something about my confessions...sometimes I just need encouragement. And more times I wish I could say more about others' confessions to help them.
.Also, I do have some people in real life that I know I can talk to. But sometimes I feel like if I talk to them, they can't really give me the words I need to feel a little better...or they don't understand enough because they know ME and they don't know what else to say. People that don't know you are the easiest to relate to, you can tell them everything because they don't know you....and this is new to them.
It impacts me more to see a confession I can relate to and not know the person than if it were one of my friends...because for one of my friends I already know...and I can offer some comfort,but I'm not as astounded by the situation so I can't give that immediate and 100% genuine hug, no matter how hard I try. same the other way around, you know?
Back to top Go down
shallowdancex

shallowdancex

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 9:05 am

YellowBird wrote:
What IHOP thing?

And thank you LazerGuided Very Happy You guys can call me Aly.

Lawl. It was more of a child's dream at best but, I said that we should all post our locations and meet up at IHOP for free pancakes.

Or. . . we could meet at McDonald's.
albino
Back to top Go down
YellowBird
Admin
YellowBird

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 9:12 am

I would love that haha! I'd be so shy though, it just wouldn't be the same. I'm not sure if people would be able to open up like they do anonymously, even if they know that everyone else feels the same.

& I know exactly what you mean Nothing Gold.
ps: your name is a reference to The Outsiders, yes? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nothing Gold

Nothing Gold

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 9:16 am

YES IT IS~

A reference to a reference within the outsiders, actually. I believe it's originally a Robert Frost poem, though I could be wrong about the poet (I am bad about that.)
I love the poem. It's beautiful.
But I love The Outsiders more. That book speaks worlds to me. When I was younger I wanted to marry either Ponyboy or Sodapop. And I wanted to hug Johnnycakes.
Back to top Go down
YellowBird
Admin
YellowBird

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 9:18 am

Nothing Gold wrote:
YES IT IS~

A reference to a reference within the outsiders, actually. I believe it's originally a Robert Frost poem, though I could be wrong about the poet (I am bad about that.)
I love the poem. It's beautiful.
But I love The Outsiders more. That book speaks worlds to me. When I was younger I wanted to marry either Ponyboy or Sodapop. And I wanted to hug Johnnycakes.

Hahah! That's amazing. When I was in grade eight (the time when we read the book and watched the movie) I was absolutely obsessed. I think I watched the movie every day for the entire year. It was baaaad. I had a huge crush on Dallas Winston.
Back to top Go down
Nothing Gold

Nothing Gold

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 9:20 am

I'm in love with '50s greaser style.
but yeah.
I connected a lot with Pony. I re-read the book at least once a year.
Back to top Go down
LazerGuided

LazerGuided

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 9:23 am

shallowdancex wrote:

Lawl. It was more of a child's dream at best but, I said that we should all post our locations and meet up at IHOP for free pancakes.

albino

I'd be too far away to come Sad

Agreed, about it being a bit weird though. As anti-social as it is sometimes, the cover of internet is nice to have because it often changes the scope of first impressions. You initiate interaction with someone based on interests and personailty, rather than looks and status.
Back to top Go down
YellowBird
Admin
YellowBird

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 9:24 am

It really is such a good book no matter your age. I enjoyed That Was Then This Is Now too (by the same author)
Back to top Go down
shallowdancex

shallowdancex

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 9:26 am

LazerGuided wrote:
shallowdancex wrote:

albino

I'd be too far away to come Sad

Agreed, about it being a bit weird though. As anti-social as it is sometimes, the cover of internet is nice to have because it often changes the scope of first impressions. You initiate interaction with someone based on interests and personailty, rather than looks and status.

Yes, yes.
Woah, that seriously struck a chord in me.
I thought I was one of the few who thought of communicating online like that. When I make friends with someone online I'd rather just know their name, what they like and how in common we are. What they look like and who they know means nothing to me and I don't want it to mean anything to me.

But, after a incident last year, I don't seem to have a strong bond with people I speak with online anymore.
:/

In the end, I just couldn't put my whole heart into it, y'know?
Back to top Go down
Nothing Gold

Nothing Gold

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 9:27 am

I never read that. But there are two other books from that age that I adored.
The Giver and Walk Two Moons
Back to top Go down
LazerGuided

LazerGuided

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 9:33 am

shallowdancex wrote:

Yes, yes.
I thought I was one of the few who thought of communicating online like that. When I make friends with someone online I'd rather just know their name, what they like and how in common we are. What they look like and who they know means nothing to me and I don't want it to mean anything to me.

But, after a incident last year, I don't seem to have a strong bond with people I speak with online anymore.

I take it you were hurt pretty bad?
Back to top Go down
Nothing Gold

Nothing Gold

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 9:36 am

shallowdancex wrote:

Yes, yes.

I had an incident that did that to me last year as well. X_X
Back to top Go down
shallowdancex

shallowdancex

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 9:37 am

LazerGuided wrote:
shallowdancex wrote:

Yes, yes.

I take it you were hurt pretty bad?

Yeah.
Pretty bad.
:/ Eh, I had to shut everything off for a while, including what happened. Eventually, I gained some ovaries and moved on.
And now I'm pretty damn awesome.
:]
Back to top Go down
YellowBird
Admin
YellowBird

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 9:47 am

Three cheers for ovaries Very Happy Good job in being awesome.

I want more people to join! But the mods at group hug really don't like me posting this site in there... they literally deleted my post after a second. I'll have to do it when they aren't looking Laughing
Back to top Go down
shallowdancex

shallowdancex

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 9:52 am

YellowBird wrote:
Three cheers for ovaries Very Happy Good job in being awesome.

I want more people to join! But the mods at group hug really don't like me posting this site in there... they literally deleted my post after a second. I'll have to do it when they aren't looking Laughing

He he, try at 12:00. Mods'll be asleep.
> w > Hopefully.

I think people will come onto this site on their own, regardless of whether you advertise it or not. That's what makes it so special. /glassy eyes

And by the way, who here has played LoZ: Ocarina of Time?
Back to top Go down
YellowBird
Admin
YellowBird

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:28 am

I haven't. I haven't played video games in so long Crying or Very sad I really miss it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself!
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Can't Make a Sound :: Welcome to the Forum-
Jump to: